Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sick Day, What to do to Feel Better

Hello everyone! With the colder weather unfortunately comes diseases like colds and flues. So I thought I would share my tips for feeling better when you are under the weather. Remember I am not a doctor, this is just my personal opinion about what helps me.

It is awful when you are coughing a lot. Cough drops help a little bit. I recommend the Burt's Bees brand cough drops. I prefer the honey ones because they seem to help me the most.

Having a stuffy nose is one of the worst parts of being ill. I go though tons of tissues when I'm sick. I really like using Puffs Plus, the one with Vick's Vapor rub is the best because it helps to clear your sinuses a little bit more than just plain tissues.
I also use a Saline nose spray, I recommend the Ocean brand, is also great for clearing out your head.

Keep hydrated! Drink lots of water, juice, or some tea. Tea helps sooth a sore throat especially if you add honey and lemon to it. Gatorade and Vitamin Water are good things to have to replace electrolytes when you are sick.

Have some soup. I know when I'm sick sometimes I just don't feel like eating at all. Soup is good because it has a variety of things like vegetables and protein that will help give your body the nutrients it needs. Homemade soup is the best, but the can stuff works too.

Make sure you rest a lot. Don't do unnecessary activities. Get extra sleep. Sleep helps the body repair itself, and you will feel a little better.

Take a warm shower or bath. The steam from the shower can help with congestion and to relax you. It is also nice to feel clean when you are sick.

Take cold medicines if necessary. Make sure you follow all instructions from either your doctor or the bottle. I had a horrible cough with my allergies this year, so Robitussin for congestion and cough was a huge help. Benedryl also helped me because I had the watery eyes and itchy throat issues with my allergies.

Lastly, just wait it out. You might not feel better right away, but you will be back to normal in no time. Stay optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment