Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2020

3 Week Journey To A Better Self: Week 3 & Reflection

Monday, May 25, 2020

It's Memorial Day, so my boyfriend had the day off from work. I made sure to post a red, white, and blue Pura Vida Bracelets picture on my instagram. Always gotta represent.
Today was day one of the 7 Day Thigh Challenge from Blogilates. It felt easier to do than the past few weeks' challenges have been, but I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow. It's good though.
I feel like I really haven't gotten much done recently. I started playing a game and tried to record, but you can hear my controller clicking the entire time. So I'm probably going to scrap that recording and try again when I have a better microphone to use. My boyfriend ordered one for me that should come in soon as long as Amazon isn't super slow. It's been taking over a month for things to arrive to us, even though other people we've talked to have had no issues with Amazon taking longer. Prime really is not worth the money.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Wow, it really doesn't feel like a Tuesday. Even though I've been constantly home for a long time now, this Tuesday has real Monday vibes. I'm in a weird place where I feel super motivated to do something, but have nothing really to do? Like, I have lots of plans for videos and projects like that but some things I have to wait for or just don't feel like I can do right this second so am waiting. But I should just pick something and do it. I did my workout and am drinking my water, but I haven't felt great today.
I found out some really sad news today that a boy I used to babysit from my hometown was in a bad accident, already has had 2 surgeries, but has to have more. I feel so bad for him and his family. It has been a big distraction today and my dad called me twice to talk about it, so I think he's feeling bad too. The boy's dad is his friend and they live really close to my parents. I just feel bad, it's so close to home and with COVID-19 his family isn't even allowed to go see him. Such a difficult situation for everyone involved.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

I am getting very tired of being stuck in the apartment constantly. I'm really looking forward to my class starting up again because I'm so tired of not having anything that I really need to do. At least a class keeps me accountable for something. That was the point of this in the mean time. To have something, but honestly I just really don't feel motivated today.
My mom and I took an online drawing class and that was kind of fun, but frustrating trying to get her set up on it. My drawing came out pretty good though. I guess the surgery went well for the boy who had the accident and he was breathing on his own without a ventilator which is good news. Still feel so bad for him and his family. 
It's 8:40 and I still haven't done my workout and we had dinner so late and I'm just upset and don't even feel like bothering. But I have to.

Thursday, May 28, 2020

I never did my workout yesterday and have had a migraine all day which I think is related to the fact that I didn't workout, among other things. I am someone with a chronic illness related to migraines and as I have gotten older, I have gotten more migraines. I had a headache almost every day as a teenager, and it got better once I was put on a medication for the chronic illness. But I still get headaches far more than the average person and I noticed that working out helped with that dramatically. I have been headache free since I started working out daily and now today is proof to me that even one day messes that up for me. I'm also disappointed in myself, even though it is important to take rest days. I had not taken a rest day for over 3 weeks and while it was fantastic for my muscles and body in that way, the change upset my body in other ways. I'm going to have to try to find better balance. So now I am a day behind in the 7 day leg challenge, but I still did the day 4 workout today. I'm not sure if I'll just skip the day completely so I can start with Chloe Ting on June first or if I should start that a day later, or if I should just add the last video I'll have to do to my day 1 of Chloe Ting. I might do that.
I need to not be too disappointed in myself because rest days are good, it's just that she didn't build any in and I was trying to follow her callender.

I finished editing my bullet journal setup for June and got that posted on YouTube. I'm so happy with it. I kind of copied a lot of other things I saw, but I'm in love with how it turned out. I did a 70s theme and did that not rainbow color rainbow style. Lots of orange, yellow, and blue. I drew a lava lamp and some flower doodles. My favorite bit is one of the weekly spreads where I did the rainbow and then drew sunflowers over it with white gel pen. I just think it looks so pretty!

My boyfriend made me a bath for after I worked out. It was so nice, especially after doing the full 30 minute workout. He added epsum salt to it and a lush bath bomb I have been waiting to use for a while called black rose. It made the water a dark purple/black color. I want more bath bombs. I might need to make a lush order soon.

Friday, May 29, 2020

Today I literally spent most of my time playing Animal Crossing. I decided to redo my entire Museum area. I am so happy with how it is looking, but made at myself for not doing anything else. Well, we did go grocery shopping and I did a load of laundry. But I didn't do anything actually productive other than that. I'm hoping to do my tie dye tomorrow and film that.

I've been trying to spend less time on my phone so I've downloaded that Forest app where you plant trees for the amount of time you don't want to be on your phone for and if you leave the app, you plant dies. I think I like it, but I forget to set it a lot so far. Only had it for yesterday and today, so I need to get it to be part of my routine. I like that I can set colors for different things I'm doing, like workouts, schoolwork, or entertainment and it will show me a pie chart based on what I planted. I also added a self care one and I'm really excited to be using it.

Saturday, May 30, 2020

It doesn't feel right to speak about myself today. I feel so bad for all those who are being hurt by the recent death of George Floyd. I saw the video and it really hurts to watch. It is so sad that in the year 2020 that discrimination and violence due to race still occurs. I cannot do much, but I will speak out when I can. I will educate myself. I will vote in November. I will read more books by black authors and more own voices stories by black authors. I will share the posts I see. I will also be donating my commissions from people who are using my Pura Vida Bracelets code REBECCABRAND20 over the next few weeks. It is not much, but I will do what I can.

Sunday, May 31, 2020: Reflecting back on the past 3 weeks

Today is the last day of my 3 week journey. I feel like the past 3 weeks have flown by. I really felt like I wouldn't know what to do with myself during this time. But for the most part, I feel like I have kept busy. I am ready to get back to having school work to do. But I am also a little sad because I have been enjoying this freedom and am aware that this may have been the only time I will have this much free time.

So let's see how many of my goals I actually accomplished during this time.

Continuing my workout challenges
YES! I only missed 1 day and considering I went from not working out at all to working out 20-30 minutes a day for nearly 4 weeks straight makes me very proud. Working out has improved my mental health as well as my physical health and I plan to continue working out, just not necessarily every single day. I will be starting June 1st with Chloe Ting's 2 Week shred and I am very excited!

Drink 32oz of water per day
Yes, looking back on my bullet journal there was also only 1 day when I did not complete this goal. I also expanded this by allowing green tea with no sugar to count as water as well. I would like to continue drinking more water and finding creative ways like the tea to incorporate more water into my day.

Make art
Yes and no. I did make some art during this time, but I would have liked to have done more.

Record lots of things for youtube
Again, yes and no. I feel I have prepared video ahead of time much better than usual and I have put out a few extra videos than I normally would have, but I do not feel like I am ahead of things as much as I would like to have been.

Read
Yes. I read Clockwork Princess and The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes during this time. I would have liked to have finished more, but I do not have time for everything. And by reading these I am on track for my Goodreads goal of reading 52 books, one for each week of the year.

Have a self care day once per week
Yes, but this was not necessarily a full day. More like doing something I would not usually do such as take a bath or trying a new face mask. I would like to keep this up.

Blog about it all!
Yes! I am proud of myself for keeping up with nearly everything I wanted to do. I will be setting myself some goals for June as well, but for now I am glad I took this time to focus on myself and doing better. This will continue on even though my 3 week journey is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment