Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

3 Week Journey To A Better Self: Day 7 & Week 2 Goals

Sunday, May 17, 2020

It's the end of week one of my 3 week journey to a better self! It feels like this week has both gone by extremely slow and extremely fast. Like, during the week it seemed to drag on but now I'm feeling like how could this first week be over already?

Today has been a bit of a lazy Sunday. I haven't done any reading the past few days even though I would like to. Maybe I will listen to Clockwork Princess tonight. I only have 2 hours left to listen to and that is totally doable. But I also want to read Blood for Blood... I think the problem is that I have too many options for what to do and instead of doing any of them, I end up doing nothing or jumping from from thing to another. I spent most of the morning playing Animal Crossing and I totally could have listened to a book then, but I didn't think to do that. And then I tried recording some but had no luck with what I wanted to do. Seems to be a theme lately. But I will not give up. Tomorrow in the game starts museum day and I am hoping to film that and upload it to my gaming channel tomorrow.I also worked on my flipbook for a bit today. I'm hoping to have that ready for my Thursday main channel upload. And that was most of my day. The boyfriend cleaned the kitchen while making lunch and I am so grateful. I just couldn't deal with it.

I just completed day 7 of the 7 day glute challenge and showered the sweat off before writing this, and I am feeling like I am getting so much stronger by doing this. I still struggle through every workout, but today I was super motivated knowing that it was the last day of glutes and that tomorrow starts arm week. My arms definitely need help with building up strength so I'm excited but also very intimidated based on the moves. I hope I'll be able to do them all. Or at least modified versions. Got to remember that it's okay to do modification and build your strength up! I'm super proud of myself for working out every single day for 2 weeks straight so far. Cassey didn't build any rest days in between these challenges and I feel like if I were to take one now I would definitely lose my momentum. And 20-30 minutes of working out per day isn't that much that it's unhealthy, especially when the rest of the day I'm just sitting around the apartment. It's good for me and the goal is to get stronger, not to worry about weight. I don't see a point to trying to take measurements or track pounds lost. Numbers will not help me to be stronger.

After today's workout I jumped in the shower and made time to shave. I've been putting it off mostly because I have nowhere to go but the apartment, but today I shaved for ME. Because it makes ME happy. It makes ME feel good. And I like that smooth feeling after shaving. I think my life needs more of doing things for me and not worrying about other people or feeling like I'll be judged if I do or do not do something. I have to focus on me and everything else comes second. Look at that, only one week in and we're already getting into life lessons.

Overall this first week has been good for me. I feel so good working out every day, I've been able to be creative with art, and I've also had the time to play the games that I love and read. I think I do need to give myself some more concrete goals to follow for the week 2 though, or more like deadlines for things. Like the flipbook for example, I know I want it done before Thursday so I have time to edit and upload my footage. So I've been working on it every day. So here's some goals for week 2:
  •  Actually list the rest of my Animal Crossing Cards on ebay - this and my Pura Vida Bracelets commissions are my one source of income at the moment, so I really need to do this
  • Finish my flipbook - edit footage, upload as Thursday video unless book video is ready instead
  • Read and vlog reading The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins - My book is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday so if I mange to read it in 2 days I would like that vlog up before my flipbook
  • Continue working out every day with the 7 day arm challenge from blogilates
  • Finish Wolf drawing I started 
  • Make larger versions of video game sketch
  • Make the effort to clean 1 thing every day - Could be dishes, laundry, a room of the apartment
  • Read more - you can listen to audiobooks while playing games like Bloons TD 6, just put them on!
  • Continue drinking 32oz of water or more 

No comments:

Post a Comment