Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Being Skinny Shouldn't Matter

Hi everyone! Today I'm doing something a little different. This post is a response to this video by two of my favorite YouTubers, Louise and Zoe. I encourage you to watch their video before reading my post.



I agree with Louise and Zoe 100%. I can relate to Zoe quite a bit. I am pretty small. I am 5 foot 3 inches tall, and that's with my sneakers on. I weigh around 120 pounds (give or take a few pounds because I don't weigh myself and it might have changed since my last physical). Many people envy the fact that I am so small, but I don't like it. It is difficult to find clothes that fit me right. I feel my bones sticking into me when I lay or sit a certain way. People think I don't eat enough. They also don't understand what I have been through. The reason I am skinny is because I was very ill for a while and spent a lot of time in and out of the hospital. No, I do not have an eating disorder, I just had a lot of medical problems that are under control now. And no, I do not watch what I eat. I am probably one of the worst eaters because most of what I eat is junk food or unhealthy things like pizza. I hate it when people say things like "I wish I could be as skinny as you." because it shouldn't matter. I am now a healthy 18 year old. My weight is healthy for my height. Yes, compared to other people I am skinny. But I agree with Louise and Zoe, as long as you are happy and healthy why does it matter what size you are? So what if I can fit into size 2 pants. That doesn't make me any better than anyone else.

My best friend is a bit on the chubbier side. She had a boyfriend who talked her into working out. I instantly hated this boy. You shouldn't try to change a person to make them "look better". My friend was perfectly happy with the way she was and was healthy. I hated that this boy couldn't accept her for who she was and had to try to change her. Now she is broken up with that guy and is dating a boy who is so good to her. He would never ask her to change and I can see that he loves her for who she is, not the way she looks. He is also pretty good friends with me (which is good, your girlfriend's friends should want to hang out with you both, not avoid it at all costs because you act like a jerk).

I just wish that people would think about what they are saying to others before they say it. And you should not force people to change the way they are just to please yourself. Just be nice to each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment